We are very excited to announce upcoming classes for this January & February. We are offering some “true-blue beginner” classes with Kristin Irgens for those looking to learn the basics of knitting. We’re also offering Judy Warde’s popular stranded colorwork mittens (with linings!) class and Leanne Walker’s 2-color brioche in-the-round cowl. Details can all be found below. We’ll be adding additional winter class offerings and events in the coming weeks, so stay tuned via email and social media!
Sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page to get early notification of future classes and events!
January-February 2017 Classes at KnitWit Yarn Shop
|Jan 28||10AM – 12PM||“Learn to Purl” class with Kristin Irgens|
|Feb 4||10AM – 12PM||“Northman Mittens” class with Judy Warde|
|Feb 18||10AM – 12PM|
|Feb 11||10AM – 12PM||“2-Color Brioche in the Round” class with Leanne Walker|
Note, the “usual” KnitWit Shop Class Policies apply — sign-up and prepayment is required for each class. Please Email KnitWit or stop by in person to register (no phone calls for class registration please, thank you!). Students receive a 15% discount on supplies for classes.
Learn to Purl class with Kristin Irgens
A follow-up to our “Learn to Knit” class, you’ll learn the purl stitch as well as how to combine knit and purl stitches together to create common stitch patterns such as ribbing.
Skills Needed: You should know to cast-on and how to do the knit stitch
- 50 grams of worsted-weight yarn
- Size US 7 or US 8 knitting needles (straights or 24″ circulars)
- Date: Sat Jan 28th from 10 AM – 12 PM
- Fee: $35.00
Northman Mittens class with Judy Warde
Back by popular demand, Judy’s Northman Mitten Class will return this winter! In this 2-session class you will learn how to create a beautiful pair of lined mittens. The pattern uses stranded color work and an alpaca lining to create three layers of cozy comfort. This is an excellent introduction to stranded color work if you haven’t tried it yet!
Skills Needed: Basic knitting skills such as casting on, knitting, purling, binding-off and working on double pointed needles.
- 2 contrasting colors of worsted-weight yarn (approx. 200 yds of each). We recommend Berroco Ultra Alpaca or Quince & Co Lark.
- Approx 250 yds of DK-weight alpaca yarn for lining. We recommend 1 skein of Amano Puna or Shibui Baby Alpaca DK.
- Bring an assortment of DPNs, from sizes US 2-US 4
- Dates: Sat Feb 4th and Feb 18th from 10 AM – 12 PM
- Fee: $60.00
2-Color Brioche Cowl class with Leanne Walker
Brioche is fun to knit, creates exciting color contrast and is easy when knit in the round! Working on a double-wrap cowl, you will have a great winter accessory AND learn a new skill. Pattern will be provided.
Skills Needed: Must know how to knit, purl and work in the round on circular needles. Also helps a lot if you have experience with working a “YO” (yarn over).
Homework Prior to Class: Cast on 200 stitches in worsted weight yarn (solid color), place marker, join for working in the round (making sure not to twist stitches) and knit five rows.
- 200 yards each of two colors of worsted weight yarn (400 yards in total) – we recommend one of these be a self-striping yarn (many options available at the shop!)
- US size 6 32″ circular needle
- Date: Sat. Feb 11th, 10 AM – 12 PM
- Fee: $40.00