Welcome to the “Winter Education Edition” of KnitWit Yarn Shop’s newsletter! It is definitely winter here in Maine…we enjoyed our third(!) snowstorm in a week (with maybe more to come)! It does at least make for perfect weather to sit and knit. If you are looking to add some new techniques to your knitting repertoire, we have several classes lined up for February and March.
- First up is a My First Shawl class taught by Beatrice Perron Dahlen. Bea, who has several designs in Interweave magazines, has developed a shawl pattern just for beginners. Learn shawl construction and lace in this two-part class on Feb 21 & Mar 7.
- Looking forward to March, Judy Warde will be teaching the Fiddlehead Mittens class for those of you wanting to make some super warm and luxurious mittens while learning knitting with two colors.
- Mare Wilson has a Decorative Braiding workshop scheduled on March 14th — this workshop will introduce you to a knitting technique which produces a fun 2-color edge to your work, or you can stack some braids and create a super warm headband!
- And Kristin Irgens will be teaching a Fair Isle Drawstring Bag class on Mar 14th & 28th – join her to make yourself, or someone special (hint: Mother’s Day is in early May) a one-of-a-kind drawstring bag.
- Also in March is our Learn to Crochet workshop, taught by Kristin Irgens (scheduled for Mar 21st). If you are interested in this workshop there is some pre-class homework so please be sure to stop in or email me for details soon.
- (we also hint at an exciting upcoming class in April with Bristol Ivy!)
Click here to check out details for KnitWit 2015 Winter classes.
In the yarn department, we have just received a large shipment from String Theory (so Caper Sock is back in abundance), new colors of Berroco Ultra Alpaca, Vintage and Vintage Chunky, Fibre Company Tundra, Malabrigo Mecha and Knit One Crochet Too’s sport-weight 100% alpaca yarn Covet. We’re getting new shipments each week so make sure to follow us on Facebook to stay up-to-date each week!
For those of you who already follow the shop on Facebook, I have casted on Mailin in Brooklyn Tweed’s Shelter yarn (Foothills colorway), using the new Platina needles. At the moment it is taking a back seat to a super secret project already on my needles which has a specific deadline — pics of that project in the next newsletter!
I hope you are all staying warm and enjoying some fun knitting time this winter.